Facial Skin Tightening
Facial Skin Tightening
So much of cosmetic surgery has been devoted to battling the natural signs of aging. Skin care professionals and plastic surgeons have developed numerous solutions to smooth out wrinkles or tighten sagging skin on the face or body. Skin tightening is a viable answer to taking 10 or 15 years off of your face. Tightening loose skin can be achieved through traditional methods like surgical facelifts or through less invasive methods like Thermage or Titan. Non-surgical skin tightening methods have gained popularity because of the small risk and little downtime involved with them. Non-surgical skin tightening treatments include:
- Thermage® : Thermage skin tightening uses intense radio frequencies to induce natural collagen growth, tighten skin, and restore your youthful facial contours. Thermage is safe enough for your chin, neck, or the wrinkles around your eyes. Thermage often only takes one treatment to tighten your loose skin and can be completed in an hour.
- Titan™ :Titan skin tightening uses advanced infrared light to penetrate through the layers of your skin and cause collagen production deep in your dermis. Laser skin tightening offers a more even energy distribution than radio frequency. Titan is particularly good at tightening loose skin around the neck and jaw. It’s usually suggested to undergo 2-3 sessions to achieve maximum results.
- Thread Lift : Thread Lift is a facial skin tightener that uses a thin thread that is inserted into the face with a needle. These threads stretch your face into a more youthful contour and collagen grows around the threads to help secure them in place. This has been called the “lunch hour facelift” because the results are on par with more surgically intensive solutions and it can be performed in less than an hour. The major draw of a Thread Lift is that no anesthesia is used, and with a mirror you can direct the surgeon during treatment by letting him or her know what areas you specifically wish to address.
- Arasys : Arasys inch-loss system is a great way to smooth and tighten your body, but not your face. Arasys uses electrical waveforms to simulate impulses in your nerves. Your muscles smoothly contract without the strenuous effort of exercise. A 17-minute Arasys session is equivalent to 300 sit-ups. You can expect to lose 2-6 inches per session. Arasys inch-loss builds muscle while tightening loose skin.
- Refirme™ : Utilizing bi-polar radio frequencies and light energy, Refirme™ has emerged as a leading skin tightening procedure. Through targeted heat energy, this FDA cleared tightening and wrinkle removal treatment offers dramatic results while being virtually painless. Refirme™ uses elos™ technology that condenses both bi-polar energy and light energy into one effective skin tightening method. This patented technology offers greater control than standard light-based therapies, is safe for all skin types, and uses less optical energy than conventional lasers.
Additionally, some cellulite treatments like liposuction or VelaSmooth® don’t offer actual skin tightening, but can give the illusion of skin tightening by eliminating fat deposits. During a consultation with a skincare professional, you can learn more about each of these skin tightening methods, and choose one that works with your lifestyle.